3 – 6kW SHOEBOX HEAT PUMP SERIES
The world’s smallest & quietest ground source heat pump
- The multi award-winning Kensa Shoebox Heat Pump embodies the most advanced ground source technology in the most compact of packages.
- Comfortably installed inside the home.
- The perfect space-saving solution for smaller properties.
- Exceptional acoustic design and insulation for quiet operation.
- Provides both space heating & hot water.
- Produce temperatures up to 65°C.
- The perfect pair for micro district heat networks with no need to split-bills as each Shoebox offers independent heat and billing.
- Revolutionises heating specification in flats, achieving carbon reduction & SAP targets, and reducing fuel poverty.
- Dimensions (mm) – 530 x 475 x 370 (3kW)
New build and retrofit district heat networks in flats and smaller or super-efficient houses.
- 3kW and 6kW models meet modest heat demands.
- Produces temperatures up to 65°C.
- High specification acoustic hoods and single vibration isolation reduce noise and vibration (47dB – 52dB).
- Designed to be installed inside the home, typically a kitchen or airing cupboard.
- 22mm valved connections on top of the heat pump with flexible pipes.
- DNO friendly low starting current as standard.
- Two temperature set points (one for heating, one for domestic hot water) produce the required heat at the highest efficiency without the need for costly direct immersion heaters.
- Weather compensation fitted as standard.
- Tecumseh reciprocal compressor.
- In-built integral ground side pump.
- In-built sensors and probes to enable remote commissioning.
- 5 year warranty for the heat pump unit.
- 2 year warranty for the controller and water pumps.
- 2 year internals warranty.
- Product Innovation of the Year, National Heat Pump Awards 2013
- Business Innovation of the Year, South West Green Energy Awards 2013
Shoebox 3 - 6kW Technical Specifications
|Nominal thermal kW rating||3||6|
|Performance data - rated heating output at B0/W35 BS EN14511|
|Co-efficient of Performance*||4.05||3.84|
|ErP rating (based on Average Climate) @ 35°C||A+||A+|
|ErP rating (based on Average Climate) @ 55°C||A+||A+|
|Immersion heater output||Kensa heat pumps do not feature back-up electric immersion heaters**|
|Brine (primary): Based on 0°C in / -4°C|
|Design flow rate kg/min||11.95||24.05|
|Pressure drop kPa at design flow rate||2.32||1.53|
|Max inlet temperature °C||15|
|Min temperature °C (outlet)||-5 (at standard settings)|
|Heating water (secondary): Based on 30°C in / 35°C out|
|Design flow rate l/min||8.62||16.88|
|Pressure drop kPa at design flow rate||1.0||0.64|
|Max flow temperature °C***||65|
|Electrical values at B0/W35|
|Rated voltage||220 - 240V / 50 - 60 Hz|
|Power supply rating amps||13||25|
|Rated current (max) amps||7||14|
|Typical running current at B0/W35 amps||4||8|
|Starting current amps||30||34|
|Fill volume kg||0.7||1.6|
|H X W X L (mm)||530 x 475 x 370||560 x 605 x 565|
|Nominal weight kg||60||100|
|Brine circuit min (primary) bar g||0.3|
|Heating water circuit min (secondary) bar g||0.6|
|Low pressure reset bar g||1.8|
|Primary IN and OUT (speedfit) mm||3/4" BSP Parallel with 22mm adaptor valves|
|Heating flow and return (speedfit) mm||3/4" BSP Parallel with 22mm adaptor valves|
|Sound Power Level|
|Sound Power Level (dB)||47||52|
* The COP figure quoted is calculated as per EN14511.
** In-built immersion heaters will increase running costs and CO2 emissions as they use direct electricity, because of this
Kensa heat pumps do not include them.
*** By increasing the flow temperature from the heat pump the efficiency of the unit will drop and the COP decreases.
Note: Design flow rates are for a ground temperature of 0°C and –4°C and a load temperature of 30°C and 35°C.