This section provides details of an example project featuring a cascaded ground source heat pump system fed by a slinky ground array.
We have provided schematic drawings, example costs and a real-life case study to showcase how a cascaded ground source heat pump system architecture designed by Kensa can effectively meet a high commercial heating and hot water load.
For more information, call sales on 0845 680 4328.
*For illustrative purposes only
Case study: Hornsea Garden Centre
Hornsea Garden Centre near Hull has three Kensa Plantroom heat pumps installed in a cascaded system to provide heating and hot water to a large new-build extension with 30,000 sq ft of retail space and a café kitchen.
- New-build extension providing 30,000 sq ft of retail space;
- Main building upgraded to underfloor heating;
- Cascaded Plantroom system;
- 2x 45kW Plantroom Heat Pump providing space heating;
- 1x 25kW High Temperature Twin Compact Heat Pump providing hot water;
- 24x 50m slinkies located under nearby field;
- System contains 7250 litres of water and 1450 litres of antifreeze.