In a ground-breaking project with Thurrock Council, funded by SHDF, three high-rise tower blocks will get their storage heaters replaced with ground source heat pumps that are three times more energy-efficient.
- GSHPs replacing storage heaters in 273 residences across three tower blocks in Chadwell St Mary’s
- The project is set to reduce fuel bills by over 50% for some Thurrock residents
- Over the life cycle of this installation, the total emissions saving of the heat pumps is projected to be 7,080 tons of CO2.
- Thurrock Council secured £3.2 million from Wave 1 of the Government’s Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund (SHDF) to help finance the scheme.
- The project demonstrates the potential for GSHPs to rapidly and affordably decarbonise multiple properties at scale