Kensa Heat Pumps manufactures MCS accredited ground source heat pumps eligible for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) on our site in Mount Wellington Mine, Cornwall.We believe that everyone should benefit from sustainable, efficient, and affordable heating.Practicing what we preach, all of our commercial buildings are heated using Kensa ground source heat pumps – our factory even utilises water in a disused mine shaft below the site as its heat source! Read more here.
We are proud to be UK award winners, UK based, and the UK’s market leader.
But Kensa is much more than just a heat pump manufacturer. We work as a partner with many installers, specifiers and housing providers to deliver exceptionally well-designed systems which out-perform the market. The secret is experience and expertise. Kensa pioneered the adoption of heat pump technology in the UK.We pride ourselves on the quality of our technical support. Our engineers offer industry-leading expertise evidenced by thousands of installations carrying the Kensa hallmark. Being a manufacturer, there is an inevitable technical bias to Kensa’s operations. Combining quality components, precision engineering, talented production staff and a state-of-the-art test facility, Kensa‘s heat pumps provide market-leading performance.In accordance with our role as an MCS accredited manufacturer and installer, Kensa is intimate with every project, providing a ground array design, guidance on appropriate heat distribution and hot water systems, and complete installation support.Kensa’s systems are compact, durable, easy-to-install and supplied with an exceptional warranty.Kensa also supplies all the accessories including manifolds, slinkies, anti-freeze, buffer tanks and cylinder.
What’s in a name?
The name “Kensa” (KEN-zah) comes from a Cornish word meaning “first”. Kensa has lived up to its name in many ways:
- As the first and only dedicated ground source heat pump manufacturer in the UK, established in 1999;
- The first to create a ground source heat pump small and quiet enough to be installed into flats and apartments, the Shoebox range;
- And the first to develop the largest single phase ground source heat pump available, perfect for large UK properties, the 24kW Twin.
Our co-founder & Technical Director, Guy Cashmore, explains what makes Kensa unique
The Kensa Group
Established in 1999, privately-owned, and headquartered in Truro, Cornwall, the Kensa Group is a fast-growing collection of award-winning businesses involved in the manufacture and installation of ground source heat pumps and the ownership of associated underground infrastructure.
Ground source heat pumps are a renewable technology which provide low cost and low carbon space heating and hot water to all types of residential and commercial properties. These benefits mean Government and energy companies are offering significant financial inducements to stimulate their widespread deployment. The ambition is considerable. The Committee for Climate Change is calling for over three million heat pump installations at residential properties by 2030 and other stakeholders are equally committed to a dramatic uplift in market volumes.
The Kensa Group is well-placed to meet this demand and currently comprises three divisions managed by an experienced Board of Directors:
- Kensa Heat Pumps remains the UK’s only manufacturer of ground source heat pumps and is the long-established market leader according to BSRIA annual reports. It provides products and technical support to an extensive network of plumbing contractors.
- Kensa Contracting is a specialist installation business which focusses on large-scale new build and social housing retrofit programmes. It benefits from unrivalled experience and expertise and has delivered the UK’s largest installations in the residential sector.
- Kensa Utilities is an infrastructure asset company which funds, owns and maintains shared ground loops that serve heat pump installations. It utilises subsidy support to provide these assets at zero cost to the housebuilder or social landlord.
Kensa has attained market-leading status by developing innovative products, embracing and supporting existing supply chains, introducing unique delivery models backed by novel use of subsidy support and funding, and focussing exclusively on a technically-challenging technology. The unrivalled experience means all installations benefit from exceptional expertise and exceed expectations by delivering substantial carbon emission reductions and running cost savings.
Registered Office: Mount Wellington, Chacewater, Truro, Cornwall TR4 8RJ. Registered in England: Kensa Contracting Limited No. 08166502 | Kensa Heat Pumps Limited No. 03739805 | The Kensa Group Limited No. 05367753.