Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Kensa, and we are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We pledge to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Kensa is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This policy provides you with information about:
– what personal data we collect;
– how we use your data;
– how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
– your legal rights relating to your personal data.
Kensa Heat Pumps may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23.04.18.
This site is operated by Kensa Heat Pumps, Kensa House, Mount Wellington, Chacewater, Truro, TR4 8RJ registered in England and Wales under company number 03739805.
Kensa Contracting is registered in England and Wales under company number 08166502.
Kensa Utilities is registered in England and Wales under company number 10044238.
The Kensa Group Limited is registered in England and Wales under company number 05367753.
For the purposes of data protection legislation we are the data controller for your personal data. Kensa are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK with reference numbers:
– Kensa Heat Pumps: ZA163920
– Kensa Contracting: ZA163929
– Kensa Group: ZA163932
What personal data we collect
‘Personal information’ means any information relating to an individual, which can identify them – either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to an identification number, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as an address or date of birth.
When you do any of these:
- Request an estimate;
- Request a quote;
- Place an order;
- Sign up for our newsletter;
- Fill out any forms on the Kensa website;
- Correspond with us, whether by phone, email or chat facility;
- When you browse our website;
- Connect via Wi-Fi or phone app to upload how the heat pump is operating to our secure Kensa Server.
Then, we may collect your personal information, including:
- Company details: Business name, job title, qualification and accreditation details;
- Contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- Property details relevant to your enquiry and installation i.e. build type;
- Purchases and orders made by you and quotes and estimates requested;
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details for the processing of the payment (details then disposed of);
- Your heat pump serial number and how the heat pump operates;
- Your communication and marketing preferences;
- Your feedback and survey responses;
- Your correspondence and communications with Kensa; and
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address browser type and operating system. For further information about the use of your IP address and technical information please see our cookies policy.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy.
How we use your data
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including the provision of an estimate and quote, and fulfilment of an order and after-sales support;
- To enable responses in the event of a system failure or installation query;
- To provide you with advice and information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about which we think may interest you;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Internal record keeping; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to applying for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) or registration with the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
Kensa aims to update you about news, products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual or business with regards to Kensa ground source heat pumps.
If you have requested an estimate, quote or ordered with us, or if you have expressed a commercial interest or Kensa has identified a mutual interest, Kensa may send you emails and / or postal marketing on the basis of legitimate interest, which may contain relevant advice, news and case studies to assist with your installation to ensure you make the most of your ground source heat pump, or assist with your selection of a ground source heat pump in instances where Kensa has identified you would be looking for a heating system.
You have the right to opt out of receiving postal marketing communications at any time, by:
- Making use of the simple “opt-out” form here; and/or
- Contacting Kensa via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
If you have opted in to receive our newsletter, Kensa will send you monthly emails containing relevant advice, news and case studies with regards to ground source heat pumps.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing email communications at any time, by:
- Making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails; and/or
- Contacting Kensa via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Legal basis for Kensa processing personal data
Kensa collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods and services to a customer; or
- Complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to non-customers via email. These individuals have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The legitimate interests that we will rely upon to process your personal data include:
- Promotion of Kensa products, services and advice related to similar ground source heat pump applications to your own;
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
– preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
– handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
– protecting Kensa, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Kensa;
– effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Kensa; and
– fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
Kensa has the right to share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
In order to make certain services available to you and to deliver our contractual obligations to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our trusted service partners.
These include IT, delivery, installation and surveying service providers, namely Kensa approved partner installers, heat loss consultants and ground work contractors.
These service providers may use servers located in secure data centres around the world, and personal data may be stored in any one of them.
Kensa only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Kensa and to you, and for no other purposes.
Examples of service providers and their use of data are included below:
- Data for marketing emails will be processed by MailChimp. This includes the collection (via sign-up forms) and storage of personal data within Kensa’s MailChimp account in order to allow Kensa to create and use distribution lists and send marketing email campaigns, and the transfer of personal data to certain MailChimp sub-processors for some critical services e.g. abuse prevention. Data in Kensa’s MailChimp account will be removed if no history of interaction within 12 months. You can read MailChimp’s Data Processing Agreement here.
Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Kensa will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
- Accreditation bodies for product and installation compliance with MCS and RHI requirements;
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so:
– to comply with our legal obligations;
– to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of our employees and customers.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we don’t accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these websites’ privacy policies before you submit any personal information to them.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Different retention periods apply for different types of data:
– for the purposes of MCS compliance we are required to keep data pertaining to estimates, quotes and orders for 6 years;
– we will keep data pertaining to orders for 20 years (the expected lifetime of the ground source heat pump installation) to enable responses in the event of a system failure or installation query.
How we protect your data
Kensa is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- Kensa’s website is HTTPS with encrypted connection. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software;
- Kensa’s website quote form, provided by Wufoo, is SSL encrypted;
- Security controls which protect the entire Kensa IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access; and
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
– the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
– the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
– (as set out above) the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.
- Wordfence: A security plugin that prevents site abuse and ensures its security. Wordfence logs IP, location and computer details to identify and block spam site activity.
If you have any questions about how Kensa uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Phone us on: 0345 222 4328;
- E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Write to us at: Kensa Heat Pumps Limited, Kensa House, Mount Wellington, Chacewater, Truro, TR4 8RJ
Website Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions for website usage
The term ‘Kensa Heat Pumps’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Kensa Heat Pumps Limited, Kensa House, Mount Wellington, Chacewater, Truro, TR4 8RJ.
Our company registration number is 0373980. Registered in England.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Kensa Heat Pumps and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Kensa Heat Pumps. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Kensa Heat Pumps takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Kensa Heat Pumps – © Kensa Heat Pumps 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only;
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.