Summary: Bristol’s commitment to achieving its carbon neutral pledge by 2030 is being realised with the aid of a sustainable housing development, featuring innovative low-carbon heating from Kensa.
- The development is the first of its kind for Bristol City Council leading the transition away from gas for new build developments.
- 133 new build homes fitted with individual Kensa ground source heat pumps connected to a shared ground loop array of boreholes.
- Site developers Willmott Dixon, with the aid of UK ground source heat pump specialists, Kensa Contracting will be undertaking the heat pump system installation.
- The installation is the lowest cost solution for the end user.
- Each new home set to achieve lifetime carbon savings of 30 tonnes compared to individual gas boilers.