Heat Pump Antifreeze
From £99 - £112
Kensa’s ground heat pumps are designed to be used with a non-toxic antifreeze. Thermox DTX has been specially formulated for use in ground source heat pump systems, delivering a non-toxic solution which utilises the advantages ethylene glycol as opposed to propylene glycol.
Benefits of Thermox DTX heat pump antifreeze
- Non-toxic. Thermox DTX has been tested and classified as non-toxic by an EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) certified laboratory. DeTox™ prevents Ethylene Glycol from being metabolised (during digestion) into toxic by-products. Tests carried out on Thermox DTX confirmed the toxicity was “so low that it was impossible to determine an LD50 value”.
- Uncompromising heat transfer efficiencies and antifreeze performance. The DeTox™ additive has minimal effect on heat transfer or antifreeze performance. Similar volumes of Thermox DTX or Ethylene Glycol are required to achieve a specific freeze protection.
- Protective. Thermox DTX is miscible with water in all proportions and can protect ground source heat pump systems down to -50°C depending on concentration.
- Optimum flow. Thermox DTX has improved heat transfer characteristics, including lower dynamic viscosity and higher thermal conductivity.
- Corrosion resistant. Thermox DTX contains synergistic corrosion inhibitors to protect metals commonly found in such systems. It has been independently tested and found to meet BS6580 and ASTM D1384 corrosion standards. It also contains scale and biological inhibitors to help prevent fouling, promoting long operational life and high thermal efficiency.
- Biodegradable. Thermox DTX mixtures are readily biodegradable (90% over ten days) and will not remain in the environment or bio-accumulate.
- Quality assured. Manufactured in accordance with certified ISO 9001-2008 procedures.