Hot Water Cylinders For Heat Pumps
Kensa has partnered with leading cylinder manufacturers to design and produce mains pressure hot water cylinders especially for ground source heat pumps. These cylinders work with all Kensa ground source heat pumps to deliver affordable and eco-friendly hot water, whenever it is needed.
Kensa’s hot water cylinders are available in a range of sizes, in single and twin coil unvented tanks.
Features of Kensa heat pump hot water cylinders
- Enhanced surface area coils specifically for heat pumps, catering for ambient temperatures and maximising efficiency
- Three bar operation provides a store of mains pressure water on demand
- Manufactured from corrosion-resistant Duplex Stainless Steel
- 25-year guarantee for the shell of the cylinder.
- Pressure and temperature relief valve – 7.0 bar/90°C
- Pressure reducing valve – 3.0 bar control
- Safety relief valve – 6.0 bar
- Immersion heater – 1 3/4” – 240V – 3kW
- Expansion vessel – 3.0 bar charge
- Flexible hose for expansion vessel – supplied loose
- Mounting bracket for expansion vessel – supplied loose
- Tundish- 1/2” x 22m
- Cylinder twin thermostat** – control and high limit
- Motorised valve** – 240V
**for solar tanks only.
Using twin cylinders
The twin coil cylinder contains a second coil so it can be installed to allow solar thermal to heat the domestic hot water in the summer with the ground source heat pump taking over during the winter. The cylinder operates equally well solely using the heat pump, providing the possibility of solar being installed at a later date.
To help you decide what hot water cylinder you need, see our Hot Water Cylinder Selection Guide.