Introducing the most efficient ground source heat pump developed by Kensa to date; the evolutionary and award-winning Kensa Evo ground source heat pump series.
Evo Heat Pump: In Brief
- 15% gain in efficiency* minimises running costs & maximises RHI income.
- ErP A++ rated, with SCOPs to 4.7 at 35°C.
- 60°C domestic hot water.
- Pioneering Genesis System Manager.
- Industry-leading noise reduction.
- Ease of installation.
- Dimensions (H x W x L (mm)): 1160 x 555 x 575.
- Models: 7kW, 9kW, 13kW, 17kW.
*Versus Kensa’s previous Compact series.
Genesis System Manager
The Evo Ground Heat Pump Series introduces the Genesis System Manager. The world’s first system manager dedicated to ground source heat pumps; and exclusive to Kensa.
- Features an industry first ‘live’ CoP readout to ensure optimal system efficiency.
- Pro-active system records system performance and pre-empts system irregularities enabling better diagnostic and faster system resolution.
The latest advances in acoustic insulation and vibration mitigation minimise the Evo ground source heat pump’s acoustic signature.
A unique floating sub chassis prevents vibration and noise passing through the unit, sandwiched by thick acoustic insulation fully lining the inner chamber.
The Evo ground source heat pump has been designed to be easy to handle and install.
Cross head screws provide easy access to the Evo’s electrical component and wiring terminals behind its unique bevelled front panel.
- For example system schematics and heat pump prices for Evo Ground Source Heat Pump installations, visit our page on costed examples.
- Curved cut-outs offer an extra level of installation flexibility, with vertical and horizontal pipework exit points from the sides and top of the unit.
- Four rear water connections, two for the ground collectors and two for the property’s heating distribution system, consist of 28mm straight brass fittings. These are designed with tight tolerances to ensure compatibility with easy to install push fittings.
- Optimised sized stainless steel heat exchangers allow the compressor to respond more efficiently.
- Scroll type compressors deliver the highest efficiency possible.
- Energy use is further minimised thanks to Kensa’s pioneering self-adjusting pressure controlled hot water system and optional use DHW boost controller, which are synchronised to the heat pump cycles.
- Built in water pumps for both the ground and heating side.
- Modulating fluid pumps can be commissioned to exactly meet the flow needs of the unit. The load side pump automatically modulates between normal and setback speeds, depending on the operating state, to minimise the pump energy consumption.
- The latest advances in heat exchanger design have aided the reduced temperature difference across the heat exchangers to improve efficiency. The Evo ground source heat pump also includes a small third heat exchanger that recovers internal waste heat from the compressor circuit.
- DNO friendly ‘Soft Starts’ fitted as standard to ensure peak starting load is minimised.
- Weather compensation fitted as standard.
Warranty & Accreditations
- 5 year warranty for the heat pump unit.
- 2 year warranty for the controller and water pumps.
- 2 year internals warranty.
- ErP A++
- Winner: Heat Pump Product Of The Year, ACR & Heat Pump Awards 2018
- Winner: Best Sustainable Technology / Product, Build It Awards 2017
- Finalist: Domestic Heating Product Of The Year, H&V News Awards 2018
*Figures shown for 17kW Evo are indicative and subject to final testing and MCS accreditation in summer 2018.
Evo Series Film
I can’t believe how quiet the heat pump is! We don’t have the door on the utility room yet and you can hardly hear it running at all.
Geraint Roberts -Self Builder
The Evo is modern and contemporary, but still has the same simple set up as all of Kensa's products.
Tom Sandell - Installer, TWS Plumbing & Heating
Discover the Evo Series of ground source heat pump from Kensa Heat Pumps.
Learn how easy the brand-new Kensa Evo Series is to install and discover its key distinctive benefits with this new film featuring Kensa Heat Pumps’ co-founder and Technical Director, Guy Cashmore.
Evo Heat Pump (IC Manual) Installation and Commissioning Manual Version 3.3
Evo Heat Pump (User Manual) User Manual Version 1.0
Evo Series (TIS) Technical Information Sheet Version 1.1
A ground source heat pump provides heat and hot water to your home by harnessing solar energy stored in the ground (or other heat sources such as the water in rivers and lakes). The heat is extracted via pipes either buried in trenches, secured to a pond mat submerged in the water, or installed vertically…
Where there are multiple dwellings on one site all requiring heating and hot water, a micro-district ground source heat pump system architecture can be utilised to provide a low cost and ultra-efficient heating solution. A micro-district ground source heat pump system features individual heat pumps in each dwelling, all fed from the same central ground…