7 – 13kW EVO HEAT PUMP SERIES
Introducing the evolutionary new Evo ground source heat pump series.
- Kensa’s Evo ground source heat pump series offers a 15% gain in efficiency over previous models, minimising running costs & maximising income via the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
- Heating & hot water efficiencies of SCOPs to 4.7 at 35°C.
- 60°C domestic hot water.
- Industry-leading noise reduction.
- Cross-head screw access, revolutionary rear cut-outs & push-fit water connectors allow easy and flexible installation & maintenance.
- Packaged in a stylish yet durable gunmetal & gloss-white finish.
- Featuring a custom built control panel unique to the Evo series.
- Dimensions HxWxL (mm): 1160 x 555 x 575
Larger new builds and renovation projects.
- 7kW, 9kW and 13kW models meet the heat demand of a wide variety of house sizes in the UK.
- Optimised sized stainless steel heat exchangers allow the compressor to respond more efficiently.
- 15% efficiency enhancement.
- Increased Seasonal Coefficient of Performance (SCOP) to 4.7 at 35°C.
- Delivers 60°C domestic hot water.
- Significantly reduced noise.
- The Evo has been designed to be easy to handle and install.
- Cross head screws provide easy access to the Evo’s electrical component and wiring terminals behind its unique bevelled front panel.
- Four rear water connections, two for the ground collectors and two for the property’s heating distribution system, consist of 28mm straight brass fittings designed with tight tolerances, ensuring compatibility with easy to install push fittings.
- The external side panels feature a curved cut-out offering an extra level of flexibility to install the Evo according to the demands of the site, with vertical and horizontal pipework exit points from the sides and top of the unit.
- DNO friendly ‘Soft Starts’ fitted as standard to ensure peak starting load is minimised.
- Weather compensation fitted as standard.
- Kensa has developed its own control board which is the brain of the new Evo heat pump.
- The customer interface is an intuitive touch screen that facilitates commissioning and parameter settings.
- Provides live status readings.
- Pro-active system pre-empts system irregularities using warning safety levels, enabling better diagnostic and faster system resolution, reducing costs and potential call outs.
- Simple and easy to navigate menu structure with default settings that can be reset with a touch of a button.
- In-built sensors and probes enable remote commissioning.
- 5 year warranty for the heat pump unit.
- 2 year warranty for the controller and water pumps.
- 2 year internals warranty.
Hover to reveal the Evo’s key benefits:
Hover over each image to reveal the secrets to the Evo
Evo Series Technical Specifications
|Nominal thermal kW rating||7||9||13|
|MCS Approved||BBA 0055/36||BBA 0055/37||BBA 0055/38|
|Performance data - rated heating output at B0/W35 BS EN14511|
|Co-efficient of Performance*||4.42||4.25||4.03|
|Immersion heater output||Kensa heat pumps do not feature back-up electric immersion heaters**|
|Brine (primary) based on 0°C in / -4°C out
|Design flow rate kg/min||23.3||27.4||37.9|
|Pressure drop kPa at design flow rate||7||11||17.1|
|Max inlet temperature °C||15|
|Min temperature °C (outlet)||-5 (at standard settings)|
|Heating water (secondary) based on 30°C in / 35°C out|
|Design flow rate l/min||21.8||26.9||38.3|
|Pressure drop kPa at design flow rate||3.98||4.95||10.1|
|Max flow temperature °C***||62|
|Electrical values at B0/W35|
|Rated voltage||220 - 240V / 50 - 60 Hz|
|Power supply rating amps||25||25||32|
|Rated current (max) amps||17.4||21.8||32.7|
|Typical running current at B0/W35 amps||8.8||12.7||16.4|
|Starting current amps||18.2||28.7||41.3|
|Fill volume kg||2||2||2.2|
|H X W X L (mm)||1160 x 555 x 575|
|Dry weight kg||153||154||167|
|Brine circuit min (primary) bar g||Settable at commissioning|
|Heating water circuit min (secondary) bar g||Settable at commissioning|
|Low pressure reset bar g||Settable at commissioning|
|Primary IN and OUT (speedfit) mm||28|
|Heating flow and return (speedfit) mm||28|
|Performance (based on Average Climate) at 35°C
|Seasonal space heating energy efficiency||180%||171%||164%|
|Performance (based on Average Climate) at 55°C
|ErP rating (based on Average Climate) @ 55°C||A++||A++||A++|
|Seasonal space heating energy efficiency||139%||127%||130%|
|Sound Power Level|
|Sound Power Level (dB)||50.9||54.6||53.8|
* The COP figure quoted is calculated as per EN14511.
** In-built immersion heaters will increase running costs and CO2 emissions as they use direct electricity, because of this Kensa heat pumps do not include them.
*** By increasing the flow temperature from the heat pump the efficiency of the unit will drop and the COP decreases.
**** Kensa Evo heat pumps incorporate smart starts as standard to limit the starting current of the compressors. For full details on how the starting currents are calculated please contact Kensa.
Note: Design flowrates are for a ground temperature of 0 and –3oC and a load temperature of 30oC and 35oC