Discover Kensa’s award-winning Shoebox ground source heat pump series, featuring the world’s smallest & quietest ground source heat pump.
Shoebox Heat Pump: In Brief
- The multi award-winning Kensa Shoebox Ground Source Heat Pump embodies the most advanced ground source heat pump technology in the most compact of packages.
- Comfortably installed inside the home, generating heat at the point of use; no plant room, no distribution heat losses, no overheating.
- The perfect space-saving solution for smaller properties.
- Exceptional acoustic design and insulation for quiet operation.
- Provides both space heating & hot water.
- Produce temperatures up to 65°C.
- ErP A+ efficiency rated.
- The perfect pair with Shared Ground Loop Arrays, with no need to split-bills, each Shoebox ground source heat pump offers independent heat and billing.
- Revolutionises heating specification in flats, achieving carbon reduction & SAP targets, and reducing fuel poverty.
- Dimensions HxWxL (mm) – 530 x 475 x 370 (3kW).
- 3kW and 6kW models meet modest heat demands.
- Produces temperatures up to 65°C.
- High specification acoustic hoods and single vibration isolation reduce noise and vibration (47dB – 52dB).
- DNO friendly low starting current as standard.
- Two temperature set points (one for heating, one for domestic hot water) produce the required heat at the highest efficiency without the need for costly direct immersion heaters.
- Weather compensation fitted as standard.
Components & Installation
- Tecumseh reciprocal compressor.
- In-built integral ground side pump.
- In-built sensors and probes to enable remote commissioning.
- Designed to be installed inside the home, typically a kitchen or airing cupboard.
- 22mm valved connections on top of the heat pump with flexible pipes.
- For example system schematics and heat pump prices for Shoebox Ground Source Heat Pumps connected to Shared Ground Loop Arrays, visit our costed examples page here.
Warranty & Accreditations
- 5 year warranty for the heat pump unit.
- 2 year warranty for the controller and water pumps.
- 2 year internals warranty
- ErP A+
- Product Innovation of the Year, National Heat Pump Awards 2013
- Business Innovation of the Year, South West Green Energy Awards 2013
Linking Kensa ground source heat pumps in multiple dwellings together with Shared Ground Loop Arrays provides a cost effective and efficient heating solution for your holiday park. Compatible with all Kensa collector arrays, discover the best Shared Ground Loop Array for your holiday accommodation and establish the costs compared to an LPG boiler alternative.
Information Sheets: CoP’s & Actual Thermal Outputs – Evo, Twin Compact, Hybrid Compact, Shoebox (TIS)
Actual Thermal Outputs and CoPs V14.2
Shoebox Heat Pump Technical Information Sheet Version 5.3
Shoebox Operational Manual Version 4.0
Shoebox (ground arrays) Installation and Commissioning Manual Version 5.0
Shoebox (slinkies) Installation and Commissioning Manual Version 5.0
This Kensa Contracting commissioned motion graphic depicts the key stages for the installation of Kensa Shoebox ground source heat pumps into individual flats in tower blocks, connected to shared ground loop array boreholes. For more information on this application click here.