Kensa’s Twin Compact Ground Source Heat Pump Series boasts a bigger heat capacity thanks to the use of two compressors. As a result, Kensa’s Twin Compact Ground Source Heat Pump series includes the largest single phase ground source heat pump on the market.
Twin Compact: In Brief
- Twin Compact Ground Source Heat Pump Series features 12kW – 30kW models, including 24kW single phase.
- High Temperature models designed for larger, older properties.
- Three phase models suited to particularly large properties.
- Hybrid models blending the efficiency of standard models with the output of high temperature models.
- Dimensions HxWxL (mm) – 900 x 900 x 570
- ErP A++ rated efficiency.
- 16kW, 20kW and 24kW Twin Compact ground source heat pump models deliver temperatures to 50°C.
- 12kW and 17kW High Temperature Twin Compact ground source heat pump models deliver temperatures to 60°C.
- 15kW and 21kW Hybrid Twin Compact ground source heat pump models blends R134a and R407c refrigerant to deliver efficient space heating and high water temperatures to 60°C.
- 20kW, 24kW, and 30kW Three Phase Twin Compact ground source heat pump models suit high heat demands of larger, three phase properties.
- High specification acoustic hoods and double vibration isolation reduce noise and vibration.
- DNO friendly ‘Soft Starts’ fitted as standard to ensure peak starting load is minimised.
- Two temperature set points (one for heating and one for domestic hot water) produce the required heating at the highest efficiency without the need for costly direct immersion heaters.
- Ability to modulate between full and half loads to reduce power consumption and running costs.
- Weather compensation fitted as standard.
Components & Installation
- Ground and underfloor circulation pumps.
- Copeland scroll compressor with a minimum design life of 20 years.
- In-built integral water pumps.
- In-built sensors and probes to enable remote commissioning.
- Designed to be installed within an out-house building or protective shelter.
- Bespoke shelter’s manufactured from recycled plastic are available from Kensa.
- Speedfit connections located underneath the unit allow fast installation.
Warranty & Accreditations
- 5 year warranty for the heat pump unit.
- 2 year warranty for the controller and water pumps.
- 2 year internals warranty.
- ErP A++
Information Sheets: CoP’s & Actual Thermal Outputs – Evo, Twin Compact, Hybrid Compact, Shoebox (TIS) V13
Actual Thermal Outputs and CoPs V13
Twin Compressor Compact Heat Pump Installation and Commissioning Manual Version 13.25
Hybrid Twin Compressor Installation and Commissioning Manual Version 3.35
Twin Compact Technical Information Sheet Version 13.3
Hybrid Twin Compacts (TIS) Technical Information Sheets V4.1 Version 4.1
Single & Twin Compressor Compact Heat Pump Operational Manual Version 5
High Temperature Twin Compact Installation and Commissioning Manual Version 4.25