25 – 75kW PLANT ROOM SERIES
Kensa’s Commercial Plant Room series is comprised of modular three phase ground source heat pumps especially designed for commercial or larger buildings.
- Modular system provides greater flexibility to match the heat pump output to the load of a commercial building.
- With multiple units it is possible to provide heating and cooling to different parts of a building simultaneously via a Building Management System (BMS).
- Specified to allow straightforward interface with a buildings heating distribution system, such as fan coils, underfloor, and air handling units.
- High Temperature model provides heating to 60°C.
- Heating only models: 40kW, 45kW, 60kW and 75kW produce temperatures up to 55°C.
- High Temperature 25kW model produces temperatures up to 60°C.
- Heating & cooling models: 25kW, 30kW, 40kW, 45kW, 60kW and 75kW.
- High specification acoustic hoods and double vibration isolation reduce noise and vibration.
- Designed to be installed within a plant room.
- Compatible with Building Management Systems (BMS).
- DNO friendly ‘Soft Starts’ fitted as standard to ensure peak starting load is minimised.
- Two temperature set points produce the required heating at the highest efficiency without the need for costly direct immersion heaters.
- Ability to modulate between full and half loads to reduce power consumption and running costs.
- Weather compensation fitted as standard.
- Copeland scroll compressor with a minimum design life of 20 years.
- Ground and underfloor circulation pumps.
- Water pumps available as an optional extra.
- In-built sensors and probes to enable remote commissioning.
- 5 year warranty for the heat pump unit.
- 2 year warranty for the controller and water pumps.
- 2 year internals warranty.
- MCS (25kW – 45kW only)
Plant Room Technical Specifications
|Nominal thermal kW rating||25||30||40||45||60||75|
X - H Heating Only
R Reverse Cycle
C Cooling only +
|MCS Approved||Heating: BBA0055/16 |
Reverse cycle: BBA0055/24
|Heating: BBA0055/17 |
Reverse cycle: BBA0055/25
|Heating: BBA0055/18 |
Reverse cycle: BBA0055/26
|Heating: BBA0055/19 |
Reverse cycle: BBA0055/27
|Performance data - rated heating output at B0/W35 BS EN14511|
|Co-efficient of Performance*||4.08||4.19||4.17||4.17||3.98||4.05|
|Performance (based on Average Climate) @ 35°C||A+||A+||A+||A+|| †|| †|
|Performance (based on Average Climate) @ 55°C||A+||A+||A+||A+|| †|| †|
|Immersion heater output|
|Brine (primary): Based on 0Â°C in / -4°C|
|Design flow rate kg/min||68.5||87.4||105.6||135.2||167.8||207.4|
|Pressure drop kPa at design flow rate||11.1||17||23.6||25.2||21.8||31.7|
|Max inlet temperature °C||15||15||15||15||15||15|
|Min temperature °C (outlet)||-5 (at standard settings)||-5 (at standard settings)||-5 (at standard settings)||-5 (at standard settings)||-5 (at standard settings)||-5 (at standard settings)|
|Heating water (secondary): Based on 30°C in / 35°C out|
|Design flow rate l/min||74.7||95||112||147.6||183.5||224.9|
|Pressure drop kPa at design flow rate||13||12.2||16.9||19.5||17||25.5|
|Max flow temperature °C***||50||50||50||50||50||50|
|Electrical values at B0/W35|
|Rated voltage||400V / 50Hz|
|Power supply rating amps||32||32||40||50||63||70|
|Rated current (max) amps||22||25||32||41||52||63|
|Typical running current at B0/W35 amps||13||14||18||23||29||36|
|Starting current amps ****||57||75||89||101||112||140|
|Fill volume kg||2.25||2.5||3||3.75||3.75||5.5|
|H X W X L (mm)||1750 x 800 x 900||1750 x 800 x 900||1750 x 800 x 900||1750 x 800 x 900||1750 x 800 x 900||1750 x 800 x 900|
|Dry weight kg||200||250||280||300||350||380|
|Brine circuit min (primary) bar g||0.3||0.3||0.3||0.3||0.3||0.3|
|Heating water circuit min (secondary) bar g||0.3||0.3||0.3||0.3||0.3||0.3|
|Low pressure reset bar g||1.8||1.8||1.8||1.8||1.8||1.8|
|Primary IN and OUT PN10/16||DN40||DN40||DN40||DN40||DN40||DN40|
|Heating flow and return PN10/16||DN40||DN40||DN40||DN40||DN40||DN40|
|Sound Power Level|
|Sound Power Level (dB)||68||68||71||71|| †|| †|
ᵻ Units are currently being ErP tested and will be available when complete.
^The 45kW Plantroom produces above 50kW at a ground temperature of 0°C and load temperature of 35°C.
+ Cooling only units are not MCS approved.
* The COP figure quoted excludes the water pump electrical input and is calculated according to EN14511.
** In-built immersion heaters will increase running costs and CO2 emissions as they use direct electricity, because of this Kensa heat pumps do not include them.
*** By increasing the flow temperature from the heat pump the efficiency of the unit will drop and the COP decreases.
**** The starting currents are per phase. For full details on how the starting currents are calculated please contact Kensa.
Note: Design flowrates and pressure drops are based on a ground temperature of 0°C and –4°C and a load temperature of 30°C and 35°C.